Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BR 1-11:The story of Shiverham Hall


I read the book 'The story of ghost' and this book compose by 3 stories. I choose the story named ' The story of Shiverham Hall'

Shiverham Hall was a hotel with a difference and all the guests was dead. This hotel's owner is Mr.Quiver and ghosts came from the spirit world to be greeted by shiverham's spooky staff.

One day,a round faced man who name is Slate flung open the front door and strode up to the reception desk.He said 'This is just what I'm looking for' and a tall , thin man scuttled in after him. His name is Simkins and he don't want to be there. However, Mr.Slate said 'I decide to choose this hotel' and he spread out a large plan in front of his. Mr.Quiver sneaked up to get a better look. Mr.Quiver horrified to see this plan.

Mr. Quiver surprised and he told his waiters and they consider that how should we oust Mr.Slate and Simkin. After that, they decided to surprise them and oust from this hotel. They try to surprise him everywhere For example, at the stare, plughole and the bed sheets but he don't surprise.

They gradually give up to oust them from this hotel.However, the things happened happy for ghosts. One day, Slate said 'Another spook, and a very ugly one'. 'Don't you recognize me Percy?' said the ghost. 'It's me, your Great Aunt Mabel!'. This ghost was his aunt and he hated her because his aunt was very overprotect. She said ' I decided to come and live in your lovely new hotel. I'll feed you up on my special cabbage soup and I'll make sure you get a bath and a big kiss every bedtime' . His face gradually be pale and he said 'I'll changed my mind' and run.

All the ghosts cheered. Mr.Quiver approached Great Aunt Mabel and bowed.


This story is very fun for me and I hate overprotect too.

325words

No comments:

Post a Comment